Calling All Immunization Ambassadors: We Need Your Help Fighting Misinformation About The Covid-19 Vaccine
Calling all Immunization Ambassadors—we need your help spreading the word about the COVID-19 vaccine! As you know there is a lot of misinformation out there about the COVID-19 vaccine, and we need your help to encourage your community to get the vaccine once it’s available + fight vaccine misinformation with the facts. That’s why we’ve put together this toolkit full of resources for you to share with your social media following and community. Together, we can save lives and return to normalcy (à la pre-pandemic).
Ideas for Sharing on Social Media:
- Share why you vaccinate + why you plan on getting the COVID-19 vaccine. Don’t forget to include #WhyIVax when you post!
- Share COVID-19 vaccination success stories — this could be your own, or stories you know from others.
- Halt the spread of misinformation and fear mongering by sharing real facts about the #CovidVaccine
- Stay informed and updated on the vaccine by following credible sources for vaccine information on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, as well as reading updates from trusted news sources (sorry not sorry, Newsmax, but you’re not going to cut it). This of course includes Immunization Ambassadors (if you’re not following us already), but some other examples include Mayo Clinic, Centers for Disease Control and Protection (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), American Public Health Association (APHA) and Covid Vaccine Facts.
- Your local newspaper is also a great resource for staying informed about the status of COVID-19 in your area.
- Follow your local public health department across social media for real-time updates on COVID-19 where you live.
Resources + Facts Sheets:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Facts — FAQ (Covid Vaccine Facts)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Toolkit (CDC)
- COVID-19 Vaccines: Get the Facts (Mayo Clinic)
- COVID-19 Mythbusters (WHO)
- How Do Vaccines Work? (WHO)
- How Are Vaccines Developed? (WHO)
- Manufacturing, Safety & Quality Control of Vaccines (WHO)
- Vaccines Q&A (WHO)
- COVID-19 Vaccines Q&A (WHO)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Research & Development Q&A (WHO)
- COVID-19 Vaccines Overview (WHO)
- COVID-19 Vaccines Portal (CDC)
- What to Expect at Your Appointment to Get Vaccinated from COVID-19 (CDC)
- Frequently Asked Questions About COVID-19 Vaccination (CDC)
- Facts About COVID-19 Vaccines (CDC)
- 8 Things to Know about the U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Program (CDC)
- Benefits of Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine (CDC)
If you’re interested in becoming an Immunization Ambassador, click here to get started!